*All of my work was created using a variety of programs, such as Autodesk 3ds Max, Autodesk Maya, , Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/After Effects, UVLayout, CrazyBump, as well as hand drawn and then completed using Photoshop.







Peace is a lie, there is only passion
Through passion, I gain strength
Through strength, I gain power
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

-The Sith Code



Friday, November 19, 2010

The ECW Arena (Westwood College Game Art Competition: Los Angeles Campus vs. Southbay Campus)

I decided to do a re-vamp of an old project from my first texturing class.

The Dimebag Darrell Memorial Arena

My first class in texture mapping resulted in this as my final project.  Dimebag Darrell was the guitarist for Pantera as well as Damageplan.  He was murdered while onstage with Damageplan on December 8th, 2004.  In the middle of 2005 I had Texture Mapping as a class.  I figured this was a perfect time to create my own memeorial to one of the greatest guitarists to ever lived...
R.I.P Dime!






The ECW Arena (Stage View: 01)

And here's the re-creation based on the project above.  This was for the Game Art Competition between the Los Angeles Campus (Where I went) and the South Bay Campus.  There were lots of entries for the environment competition and, unfortunately, I didn't take first place.








The ECW Arena (Stage View: 02)

Here's a view more to the side... I was testing out different camera angles with the lights.












The ECW Arena (Stage View: 03)

This is one of my personal favorites!  I love the way the lighting ended up in this shot!  Once I can animate better I want to have a cool move off the top of the entryway... hence the ladder and stacked tables!

No comments:

Post a Comment